So tomorrow is AUGUST already! EEK. I posted this on my personal FB page, because it accurately sums up my emotions…plus, I am a Jennifer fan:
I have a Data workshop on the 4th and a Reading workshop on the 10th (with THE Donalyn Miller!!) and then Mentor teacher workshops the 22nd/23rd, Student assessments the 24th/25th, and the 29th teachers report back for workshop week. Oof Dah!
As I think about this summer I could reflect on how much I didn’t get done that I wanted to (A LOT,) or how I wish there were more days to take my son to the pool and zoo (MANY MORE,) or even how busy I have been with all the “stuff” that I am involved in and doing (see last post,) but I want to try to enter August on a more positive note!
You see, the past few weeks have been really hard for me, personally. I realized that some people are not going to always be there as you pursue passions. Many more, however, will be your personal cheerleaders! I’ve learned, or rather re-learned, that friendship is a two-way street, and you get what you give. I haven’t been giving very much because I have been putting other things first, and therefor have lost touch with some people I thought were close friends. But, that has also taught me that good friends will come back around, and if they don’t, maybe it wasn’t meant to be. I am not going to get all preachy, but I think things happen for a reason. I have been trying to do a lot of soul searching and re-prioritizing what is important to me in life.
So, as August comes around, here are the positives I am looking forward to for the month (not in any particular order):
- Data workshop to prepare me for a new role in my building
- Reading Workshop with one of my teaching idols, to help my students become lifelong readers
- Reconnecting with coworkers who I haven’t seen in awhile and learning from them
- Making the most of the last 3 weeks by planning some special excursions with my 5yo
- Celebrating my 8 year anniversary with my hubby on the 2nd!
- Reconnecting with some friends over drinks and apps, catching up on their amazing lives and families
- Working with 2 fabulous new team members!
- Seeing Metallica live in the new Vikings stadium on the 20th (yes…I have eclectic music taste that ranges from pop Hanson to Metal like Metallica….deal with it.)
- Getting my 5yo amped up to be in Kindergarten!